COBIT 4.1 Foundation Training Program
The COBIT Foundation course addresses the benefits of a sound IT governance framework and explains how to realize effective IT governance using the COBIT best practices framework. It explains the COBIT framework using practical examples and a case-study-driven approach. It also addresses all other components of the COBIT toolkit, such as the assurance guide and management guidelines. The course helps professionals understand how to use COBIT in a logical and understandable way and validates this knowledge using an interactive approach. The course includes an exam preparation module, preparing participants to take on the COBIT Foundation exam.
Practical classroom exercises support the classroom presentations. Additionally, candidates learn the true meaning of COBIT by practicing the use of COBIT in a case-based scenario.
The components of the training program include:
• Course Certificate: COBIT 5 Foundation
• Duration: 2 Days – (16 Hours of Training)
• Course Delivery: Instructor Led
• CPE Units 14
Check back often for updates or send us an email at training@TASCManagement.com so we can notify you of upcoming courses.
The COBIT Foundation course and the COBIT Foundation exam will be of interest to:
• IT auditors, IT managers, IT quality professionals, IT leadership, IT developers, and process practitioners and managers in IT service service-providing firms. Anyone interested in learning more about COBIT will find value in the COBIT Foundation course and the COBIT Foundation exam.
None – but it is recommended that the participants have some experience in the IT governance domain.
At the end of this course, the learner will gain competencies in:
• Identifying how IT management issues are affecting organizations.
• Recognizing the need for a control framework driven by the need for IT governance.
• Understanding the principles of IT governance, how IT governance helps address IT management issues, and who should be responsible for IT governance.
• Identifying how COBIT meets the requirement for an IT governance framework.
• Understanding how COBIT is used with other standards and best practices.
• Identifying the COBIT Framework and all the components of COBIT, which are control objectives, control practices and management guidelines
• Understanding how to apply COBIT in a practical situation.
• Identifying the functions that COBIT provides and the benefits of using COBIT.
• Identifying how the use of COBIT is supported by the ITGI.
• Session 1: Responding to IT Challenges
• IT Management Challenges
• Session 2: Introduction to IT Governance and COBIT
• IT Governance: Definition
• IT Governance: Principles
• Need for IT Governance and a Control Framework
• Characteristics of a Control Framework
• Session 3: Overview of the COBIT Framework
• COBIT – Value, Limitations, Components, and Benefits
• Linking COBIT and IT Governance
• Premise and Principle of COBIT
• COBIT Cube – The Framework
• Session 4: Overview of the COBIT Components – Part 1
• Linking Business Goals, IT Goals, and IT Processes
• Framework, Control Objectives, and Control Practices
• Session 4: Overview of the COBIT Components- Part II
• Management Guidelines
• Audit Guidelines
• Session 5: COBIT and the IT Environment
• COBIT: Alignment with Other Standards and Frameworks
• COBIT: Compliance with Laws and Regulations
• COBIT and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
• Session 6: COBIT: Resources and Benefits
• COBIT Online
• COBIT Quickstart
• IT Governance Implementation Guide Using COBIT and Val IT, 2nd Edition
• COBIT Security Baseline
• Practical Implementation Consideration
• Session 7: Preparing for the COBIT Exam
• Practical Hints and Tips for the COBIT Exam
• COBIT Exam Format