Lifecycle – Service Transition (ST)
This 3-day course immerses learners in the overall concepts, processes, policies and methods associated with the Service Transition phase of the Service Lifecycle. The course covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within the Service Transition stage, but not the detail of each of the supporting processes. This course is designed using an engaging scenario-based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam.
The components of the training program include:
• Course Certificate: ITIL Intermediate Lifecycle – Service Transition (ST)
• Duration: 3 Days – (24 Hours of Training)
• Course Delivery: Instructor Led
Check back often for updates or send us an email at training@TASCManagement.com so we can notify you of upcoming courses.
The Service Transition Lifecycle course will be of interest to:
• Individuals who require understanding of the ITIL Service Transition phase of the ITIL core lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization.
• IT professionals working in or new to a Service Transition environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved.
• Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules
• Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite
• A typical role includes (but is not restricted to): CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers, service test managers and ITSM trainers.
• Hold an ITIL v3 Foundation certificate or ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge certificate.
• There is no minimum requirement but a basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Understanding Service Management as a Practice and Service Transition principles, purpose and objective
• Understanding how all Service Transition processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
• The sub-processes, activities, methods and functions used in each of the Service Transition processes
• The roles and responsibilities within Service Transition and the activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
• How to measure Service Transition performance
• Understanding technology and implementation requirements in support of Service Transition
• The challenges, critical success factors and risks related with Service Transition
• Certification: ITIL Intermediate – Lifecycle
• Number of questions: 8 (Eight)
• Length of test: 90 minutes
• Passing score: 70%
• Languages: English
• Requirement: Completion of the Service Transition Lifecycle course from an Accredited Training
Provider is required to sit for the exam.
Module 1: Introduction
• Student and Instructor Introductions
• Unique Nature of the Course
• Course Learning Objectives
• Course Agenda
• Concept of Service, its value proposition, and its composition
Module 2: Service Transition
• Service Transition as a Practice
• Service, Its Value Proposition, and its Composition
• Functions, Processes, and Roles
Module 3: Service Transition Principles
• Purpose, Goals, and Objectives
• Concept of Service and Role of Utilities, Warranties, Capabilities, and Resources
• Key Policies and Best-Practice Principles
Module 4: Service Transition Processes
• Objectives of the Processes
• Transition Planning and Support
• Purpose, Goals, and Objectives
• Scope and Value to the Business
• Policies, Principles, and Basic Concepts
Module 5: Service Transition Related Activities
• Managing Communications and Commitment
• Managing Organizational and Stakeholder Change
• Organizational and Service Transition Roles and Responsibilities
Module 6: Organizing for Service Transition
• Service Transition Roles and Responsibilities
• Generic Roles
• Specific Roles
Module 7: Technology Considerations
• Service Transition Technology Requirements
• Knowledge Management Tools
Module 8: Implementing and Improving Service Transition
• Stages of Introducing Service Transition
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited and/or The ITIL Accredited Training Organization logo is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited.