ITIL v3 Release, Control and Validation (RCV)
This 5-day course immerses learners in the practical aspects of the ITIL v3 Service Lifecycle and processes associated with the Release, Control and Validation of services and service delivery. The main focus of this course is on the operational-level process activities and supporting methods and approaches to executing these processes in a practical, hands-on learning environment. This training is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the practices during the Service Management Lifecycle. This course is designed using an engaging scenario-based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam.
• Course Code: ITSM210
• Course Level: Intermediate
• Course Duration: 5 Days (40 Hours of Training)
• Course Exam/Certification: ITIL v3 RCV
• Course Delivery: Instructor-led classroom; instructor-led virtual and hybrid options available
|Bootcamp||Jan 23, 2017||Jan 27, 2017||40 Hours||9:00AM – 5:00PM||Northern Virginia|
|Bootcamp||Apr 03, 2017||Apr 07, 2017||40 Hours||9:00AM – 5:00PM||Northern Virginia|
Check back often for updates or send us an email at training@TASCManagement.com so we can notify you of upcoming courses.
The Release, Control and Validation Capability course will be of interest to:
• Individuals who have their ITIL® v3 Foundation Certificate (or the ITIL® v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge certificate) who want to purse the intermediate and advanced level ITIL certifications.
• Individuals and / or operational staff who require a comprehensive practical understanding of the Release, Control and Validation processes and how these may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization – for example: operational staff involved in Change Management, Release and Deployment Management, Service Validation and Testing, Service Asset and Configuration Management, Request Fulfilment, Service Evaluation and Knowledge Management.
• IT professionals involved in IT Service Management implementation and improvement programs.
• A typical role includes (but is not restricted to): IT professionals, IT / business managers and IT / business process owners, IT practitioners.
• Required Prerequisite(s): Hold an ITIL v3 Foundation certificate
• Recommended Experience: There is no minimum requirement but two to four years of professional experience in IT is highly desirable.
Upon completion of this course, students will understand:
• Service Management as a Practice and Service Transition principles, purpose and objective
• Knowing the important role of Release, Control and Validation in service provision and understanding of how the in-scope processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
• The activities, methods and functions used in each of the Release, Control and Validation processes
• The application of Release, Control and Validation processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
• How to measure Release, Control and Validation performance
• The importance of IT Security and how it supports Release, Control and Validation
• Understanding technology and implementation requirements in support of Release, Control and Validation
• The challenges, critical success factors and risks related with Release, Control and Validation
• Certification: ITIL Intermediate
• Number of questions: 8 (Eight)
• Length of test: 90 minutes
• Passing score: 70%
• Languages: English
• Introduction to release, control and validation
• Change Management
• Service asset and configuration management
• Service validation and testing
• Release and deployment management
• Request fulfilment
• Change evaluation
• Knowledge management
• Release, control and validation roles and responsibilities
• Technology and implementation consideration
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited and/or The ITIL Accredited Training Organization logo is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited.