This intensive 5-day Security+ Certification Bootcamp will immerse students into an interactive environment where they will learn how to better detect the various types of threats to computer security and employ effective deterrent techniques to avert network attacks and vulnerabilities.
Students will gain a deep understanding of the most important foundational principles for securing a network and managing risk. The hands-on exercises will reinforce information security theory as students learn how to configure and operate many different technical security controls. Additional topics covered include identity management, cryptography and security concerns related to cloud computing, BYOD, and SCADA.
The exam (SY0-401) has been recently updated with a greater emphasis on mitigating specific security issues, a step beyond merely recognizing security-related issues.
• Course Code: SEC101
• Career Level: Beginner
• Course Duration: 5 Days (40 hours of training)
• Exam: SY0-401
• Certification: Security+
• Course Delivery:Instructor-led classroom; Instructor-led virtual and hybrid options available
|Bootcamp||Jul 17, 2017||Jul 21, 2017||40 Hours||9:00AM – 5:00PM||Northern Virginia|
|Bootcamp||Sep 25, 2017||Sep 29, 2017||40 Hours||9:00AM – 5:00PM||Northern Virginia|
|Bootcamp||Oct 23, 2017||Oct 27, 2017||40 Hours||9:00AM – 5:00PM||Northern Virginia|
|Bootcamp||Nov 27, 2017||Dec 01, 2017||40 Hours||9:00AM – 5:00PM||Northern Virginia|
Check back often for updates or send us an email at training@TASCManagement.com so we can notify you of upcoming courses.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Identify fundamental concepts of computer security
• Identify security threats and secure network communications
• Manage public key infrastructure
• Enforce organizational security policies
• Monitor the security infrastructure
• Access Controls, Assessments and Audits
An Information Technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows-based TCP/IP networks and familiarity with other operating systems, CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications, or equivalent knowledge, and 6-9 months experience in networking, including experience configuring and managing TCP/IP. Although not required, students might find it helpful to obtain foundational information from introductory operating system administration courses.
• Required Prerequisite(s): None
• Recommended Experience: CompTIA Network+ certification and two years in IT administration with an emphasis on security.
• Certification: CompTIA Security+
• Maximum number of questions: 90
• Length of test: 90 minutes
• Passing score: 750 on a scale of 100-900
• Languages: English
• Exam codes: SY0-401
• OSI Model
• IPv4 and IPv6
• Authentication, Authorization, Accounting
• One factor, Two factor, Three factor Authentication
• MAC, DAC, RBAC
• Risk Identification
• Risk Analysis
• Risk Management
• Wireless Technologies
• Wireless Standards
• Wireless Security
• Confidentiality, Integrity, Availability
• Encryption, Decryption
• Public Key Infrastructure
• Shoulder Surfing